A Teacher/Companion is a highly qualified professional and experienced individual who assists adult learners, teaching English from beginner to advanced, business English, subject specific English or exam preparation for further study a Teacher/Companion will assist, evaluate, motivate, develop and integrate their students learning.
A Teacher/Companion is a flexible individual who can work and provide classes in any environment, during a morning commute to work, a break between business meetings, an evening meal at the family home, a holiday or during a game a golf – they offer one to one tuition to meet the individual needs of their student.
Many individuals chose to hire a Teacher/Companion to improve their general English language, business English, specific subject knowledge; such as construction, law, education, improve conversational English to boost their confidence in speaking English socially or in business or exam preparation for further studies.
DUTIES OF A TEACHER/COMPANION
- A teacher/companion provides one to one classes to meet the individual needs of the student at a suitable location to the student.
- A qualified teacher/companion will have a teaching background or extensive work experience with excellent subject specific knowledge.
- A teacher/companion may be required to teach their student English as a Foreign language, business English, subject specific knowledge; such as construction, law, education, improve conversational English to boost their confidence in speaking English socially or in business or exam preparation for further studies.
- A teacher/companion must be professional but at the same time friendly and approachable.
- A teacher/companion must be an excellent communicator, with the ability to build a rapport with their students.
- A teacher/companion must be patient and have the ability to motivate their students and provide classes suitable to the environment in which they teach.
- A teacher/companion is able to plan, prepare and deliver lessons appropriate to the level of the student.
- The teacher/companion will provide feedback on the progress of their student.
WORKING HOURS OF A TEACHER/COMPANION
A teacher may be employed full time by an individual student or work part time for a number of students.
A teacher works on between 20 – 40 hours a week depending on the schedule and availability of their student.
SALARY OF A TEACHER/COMPANION
On average full time teachers can earn between £800 – £1300 per week dependent on age, experience and qualifications.
On average Part time teachers can earn between £40 – £100 per 60 minute session depending on age, experience, qualifications and specific knowledge.