A Manny is the equivalent to a female nanny who is responsible for the care of the children of their employers. They are trained and experienced in child development and are responsible for meeting a child’s physical, social, emotional and educational needs.
Typically, a manny undertakes all tasks related to the care of the children. They serve as loving, nurturing and trustworthy companions to the children in the household.
Many families around the world chose to hire an English-speaking manny seeking a ‘European’ upbringing and providing a bilingual environment in which they can learn.
DUTIES OF A MANNY
- Mannies are employed to work in partnership with the family to provide care and educational development for children from birth to 7 years old.
- Mannies meet the physical needs of children, including dressing, feeding, and bathing.
- Mannies are sometimes expected to undertake light household duties including children’s laundry, preparation of nutritional meals and maintain the cleanliness of the children’s room and belongings.
- Mannies may be expected to teach basic social, reading and writing skills to older children in the household.
- Mannies plan and organise stimulating age appropriate activities
- Mannies may be required to escort the children to school and supervise homework.
WORKING HOURS OF A MANNY
Each family will create a schedule and shift pattern unique to them. It is normal for a Manny to be employed on a live in or live out basis and depends on the domestic circumstances of the family. Mannies who live out work on average 10 hours a day.
SALARY OF A MANNY
On average Nannies earn between £800 – £1200 per week dependent on age, experience and qualifications.
Whether you are a client seeking a new candidate for your family, team or business or wish to know more about the services we offer please register with Duke & Duchess International, please register online. A consultant will be in touch to discuss your needs.
LOOKING TO WORK WITH US?
We place qualified and experienced professionals holding childcare, maternity nurse and teaching qualifications
- Full-time English speaking Nanny required for three siblings age 4 months. Located in Singapore and the USA, Salary from £1100 – £1250 per week (+ bonus/increments), Live in. Start March 2020.
- Full-time English speaking Governess required in London, for two boys aged 6 & 8, £30,000 – £35,000 gross per annum, live in/out start February.
- Full-time English speaking Governess/teacher required for B4, located in New York & Aspen, Salary $1300 – $2300 per week. Live out. Start ASAP.
- Full-time Nanny required for B19 months and B15 months located in New York, LA, France, Salary $100,000 – $130,000+ per annum, Live in & out. Start January 2020.
- Full-time English speaking Nanny (Rota) required for G4 years & B2, located in Zurich, Switzerland, €300-€350 per day, Rota position 10 days on/10 days off, start ASAP.