A tutor is a highly qualified professional and experienced individual who assists students academically. Whether they are struggling in a particular subject or wishing to excel in another, a tutor will assist, evaluate, motivate, develop and integrate their students learning.
Tutors tend to go to their student’s home and tutor them often on a one to one basis.
Many families choose to hire a tutor: to assist their children to improve their English language, to boost their grades at school, they wish for them to pass exams, gain entry into an international school or assist with homework.
DUTIES OF A TUTOR
- A tutor provides one to one classes to students within their home.
- A qualified tutor will have a teaching background or extensive work experience with excellent subject specific knowledge.
- A tutor may be required to teach their student English as a Foreign language, prepare students for entry into leading schools, colleges and universities or tutor a range of subjects and languages, such as Maths, Science and French following an international curriculum.
- A tutor must be professional but at the same time friendly and approachable.
- A tutor must be an excellent communicator, with the ability to build a rapport with their students.
- A tutor must be patient and have the ability to motivate their students, be passionate about what they teach and provide a positive learning environment.
WORKING HOURS OF A TUTOR
A tutor may be employed full time by a family or work part time for a number of families. Part Time Tutors are responsible for arranging and managing their own schedules. A full time tutor works on average between 35 – 40 hours a week.
SALARY OF A TUTOR
On average full time tutors can earn between £800 – £1300 per week dependent on age, experience and qualifications.
On average Part Time tutors can earn between £40 – £100 per 60 minute session depending on age, experience and qualifications.
Whether you are a client seeking a new candidate for your family, team or business or wish to know more about the services we offer please register with Duke & Duchess International, please register online. A consultant will be in touch to discuss your needs.
LOOKING TO WORK WITH US?
We place qualified and experienced professionals holding childcare, maternity nurse and teaching qualifications
- Full-time House Manager & Governess (couple) required for a family of 5 located in Amsterdam, €100,000 gross per annum, start October
- Full-time Chef for a private family in Qatar, salary £100,000 – £120,000 per annum, (Tax-free), start August/September
- Full-time Governess required for G7 located close to Cardiff, £650 – £900 gross per week. Start ASAP, live out.
- Full-time English-speaking Head Nanny required in Doha, Qatar for G2 & G4, salary £1000 – £1400 per week, live in, start ASAP
- Full-time English speaking Nanny required in Cairo, Egypt for G1, salary £750 – £1000 per week, live in/out, start ASAP