A Teacher/Companion is a highly qualified professional and experienced individual who assists adult learners, teaching English from beginner to advanced, business English, subject specific English or exam preparation for further study. A Teacher/Companion will assist, evaluate, motivate, develop and integrate their students learning.
A Teacher/Companion is a flexible individual who can work and provide classes in any environment, during a morning commute to work, a break between business meetings, an evening meal at the family home, a holiday or during a game a golf – they offer one to one tuition to meet the individual needs of their student.
Many individuals chose to hire a Teacher/Companion to improve their general English language, business English, specific subject knowledge; such as construction, law, education, improve conversational English to boost their confidence in speaking English socially or in business or exam preparation for further studies.
DUTIES OF A TEACHER/COMPANION
- A teacher/companion provides one to one classes to meet the individual needs of the student at a suitable location to the student.
- A qualified teacher/companion will have a teaching background or extensive work experience with excellent subject specific knowledge.
- A teacher/companion may be required to teach their student English as a Foreign language, business English, subject specific knowledge; such as construction, law, education, improve conversational English to boost their confidence in speaking English socially or in business or exam preparation for further studies.
- A teacher/companion must be professional but at the same time friendly and approachable.
- A teacher/companion must be an excellent communicator, with the ability to build a rapport with their students.
- A teacher/companion must be patient and have the ability to motivate their students and provide classes suitable to the environment in which they teach.
- A teacher/companion is able to plan, prepare and deliver lessons appropriate to the level of the student.
- The teacher/companion will provide feedback on the progress of their student.
WORKING HOURS OF A TEACHER/COMPANION
A teacher may be employed full time by an individual student or work part time for a number of students.
A teacher works on between 20 – 40 hours a week depending on the schedule and availability of their student.
SALARY OF A TEACHER/COMPANION
On average full time teachers can earn between £800 – £1300 per week dependent on age, experience and qualifications.
On average Part time teachers can earn between £40 – £100 per 60 minute session depending on age, experience, qualifications and specific knowledge.
Whether you are a client seeking a new candidate for your family, team or business or wish to know more about the services we offer please register with Duke & Duchess International, please register online. A consultant will be in touch to discuss your needs.
LOOKING TO WORK WITH US?
We place qualified and experienced professionals holding childcare, maternity nurse and teaching qualifications
- Full-time English speaking Nanny required for three siblings age 4 months. Located in Singapore and the USA, Salary from £1100 – £1250 per week (+ bonus/increments), Live in. Start March 2020.
- Full-time English speaking Governess required in London, for two boys aged 6 & 8, £30,000 – £35,000 gross per annum, live in/out start February.
- Full-time English speaking Governess/teacher required for B4, located in New York & Aspen, Salary $1300 – $2300 per week. Live out. Start ASAP.
- Full-time Nanny required for B19 months and B15 months located in New York, LA, France, Salary $100,000 – $130,000+ per annum, Live in & out. Start January 2020.
- Full-time English speaking Nanny (Rota) required for G4 years & B2, located in Zurich, Switzerland, €300-€350 per day, Rota position 10 days on/10 days off, start ASAP.