A Teacher/Companion is a highly qualified professional and experienced individual who assists adult learners, teaching English from beginner to advanced, business English, subject specific English or exam preparation for further study. A Teacher/Companion will assist, evaluate, motivate, develop and integrate their students learning.
A Teacher/Companion is a flexible individual who can work and provide classes in any environment, during a morning commute to work, a break between business meetings, an evening meal at the family home, a holiday or during a game a golf – they offer one to one tuition to meet the individual needs of their student.
Many individuals chose to hire a Teacher/Companion to improve their general English language, business English, specific subject knowledge; such as construction, law, education, improve conversational English to boost their confidence in speaking English socially or in business or exam preparation for further studies.
DUTIES OF A TEACHER/COMPANION
- A teacher/companion provides one to one classes to meet the individual needs of the student at a suitable location to the student.
- A qualified teacher/companion will have a teaching background or extensive work experience with excellent subject specific knowledge.
- A teacher/companion may be required to teach their student English as a Foreign language, business English, subject specific knowledge; such as construction, law, education, improve conversational English to boost their confidence in speaking English socially or in business or exam preparation for further studies.
- A teacher/companion must be professional but at the same time friendly and approachable.
- A teacher/companion must be an excellent communicator, with the ability to build a rapport with their students.
- A teacher/companion must be patient and have the ability to motivate their students and provide classes suitable to the environment in which they teach.
- A teacher/companion is able to plan, prepare and deliver lessons appropriate to the level of the student.
- The teacher/companion will provide feedback on the progress of their student.
WORKING HOURS OF A TEACHER/COMPANION
A teacher may be employed full time by an individual student or work part time for a number of students.
A teacher works on between 20 – 40 hours a week depending on the schedule and availability of their student.
SALARY OF A TEACHER/COMPANION
On average full time teachers can earn between £800 – £1300 per week dependent on age, experience and qualifications.
On average Part time teachers can earn between £40 – £100 per 60 minute session depending on age, experience, qualifications and specific knowledge.
Whether you are a client seeking a new candidate for your family, team or business or wish to know more about the services we offer please register with Duke & Duchess International, please register online. A consultant will be in touch to discuss your needs.
LOOKING TO WORK WITH US?
We place qualified and experienced professionals holding childcare, maternity nurse and teaching qualifications
- Temporary Nanny required for G1, located in Opatija, Croatia, Salary £500 – £700 gross per week, Live-out. 2-month contract, starting 1st June.
- Temporary Native English-speaking Maternity Nurse required for Newborn in London, Salary £250 – £350 gross per day, EDD June 14th, 14-week contract
- Temporary English speaking Maternity Nurse required for new-born (EDD 9th July) & G1 located in London & California, £250 – £300 per day. Start 23rd June, 6-week contract.
- Full-time Native English-speaking Governess/Teacher required for B6, located in Colchester, UK. Salary £55,000 gross per annum + bonus, Start ASAP
- Full-time Native English-speaking Governess/Teacher required for B6, located in Colchester, UK. Salary £45,000 – £55,000 gross per annum, Start ASAP