A Junior Nanny is a younger less experienced child-carer who is responsible for the care of the children of their employers. They are newly trained and hold less than two years experience in working with children and meeting their physical, social, emotional and educational needs.
Typically, a Junior Nanny can undertake all tasks related to the care of the children but it is recommended they are more suitable for shared charge. Many of our junior nannies work alongside a team of nannies or work as mothers help. They serve as loving, nurturing and trustworthy companions to the children in the household.
DUTIES OF A JUNIOR NANNY
- Junior Nannies are employed to work in partnership with a team of nannies or as a mothers help. They provide care and educational development for children from birth to 7 years old.
- Junior Nannies meet the physical needs of children, including dressing, feeding, and bathing.
- Junior Nannies are sometimes expected to undertake light household duties including children’s laundry, preparation of nutritional meals and maintain the cleanliness of the children’s room and belongings.
- Junior Nannies may be expected to teach basic social, reading and writing skills to older children in the household.
- Junior Nannies plan and organise stimulating age appropriate activities
- Junior Nannies may be required to escort the children to school and supervise homework.
WORKING HOURS OF A JUNIOR NANNY
Each family will create a schedule and shift pattern unique to them. It is normal for a junior nanny to be employed on a live in or live out basis and depends on the domestic circumstances of the family.
SALARY OF A JUNIOR NANNY
On average junior nannies earn between £400 – £900 per week dependent on age, experience and qualifications.
Whether you are a client seeking a new candidate for your family, team or business or wish to know more about the services we offer please register with Duke & Duchess International, please register online. A consultant will be in touch to discuss your needs.
LOOKING TO WORK WITH US?
We place qualified and experienced professionals holding childcare, maternity nurse and teaching qualifications
- Full-time Governess required for G4 & G2 located in London, salary £1000 – £1500 gross per week, live out, Start ASAP.
- Full-time Nanny/Governess required for B4 & G1 located in Canada, salary CAD $100,000 per annum, live in/out, Start 1st April.
- Temporary Part-time Nanny required for two children aged 8 & 2, located in London, salary £200 gross per day. Start ASAP
- Full-time Native English speaking Governess for B11, located in Izhevsk, Russia. Live out. Salary £900 – £1200 per week. Start ASAP
- KM598 – Full-time Native English speaking Governor for B11, located in Izhevsk, Russia. Live out. Salary £900 – £1200 per week. Start ASAP