A Junior Nanny is a younger less experienced child-carer who is responsible for the care of the children of their employers. They are newly trained and hold less than two years experience in working with children and meeting their physical, social, emotional and educational needs.
Typically, a Junior Nanny can undertake all tasks related to the care of the children but it is recommended they are more suitable for shared charge. Many of our junior nannies work alongside a team of nannies or work as mothers help. They serve as loving, nurturing and trustworthy companions to the children in the household.
DUTIES OF A JUNIOR NANNY
- Junior Nannies are employed to work in partnership with a team of nannies or as a mothers help. They provide care and educational development for children from birth to 7 years old.
- Junior Nannies meet the physical needs of children, including dressing, feeding, and bathing.
- Junior Nannies are sometimes expected to undertake light household duties including children’s laundry, preparation of nutritional meals and maintain the cleanliness of the children’s room and belongings.
- Junior Nannies may be expected to teach basic social, reading and writing skills to older children in the household.
- Junior Nannies plan and organise stimulating age appropriate activities
- Junior Nannies may be required to escort the children to school and supervise homework.
WORKING HOURS OF A JUNIOR NANNY
Each family will create a schedule and shift pattern unique to them. It is normal for a junior nanny to be employed on a live in or live out basis and depends on the domestic circumstances of the family.
SALARY OF A JUNIOR NANNY
On average junior nannies earn between £400 – £900 per week dependent on age, experience and qualifications.
Whether you are a client seeking a new candidate for your family, team or business or wish to know more about the services we offer please register with Duke & Duchess International, please register online. A consultant will be in touch to discuss your needs.
LOOKING TO WORK WITH US?
We place qualified and experienced professionals holding childcare, maternity nurse and teaching qualifications
- Full-time French-speaking Nanny required for four siblings under the age of 2 years. Located in Singapore, Salary from £1000 – £1200 per week (+ bonus/increments), Live in. Start ASAP.
- Full-time House Manager & Governess (couple) required for a family of 5 located in Amsterdam, €100,000 gross per annum, start October
- Full-time Chef for a private family in Qatar, salary £100,000 – £120,000 per annum, (Tax-free), start August/September
- Full-time Governess required for G7 located close to Cardiff, £650 – £900 gross per week. Start ASAP, live out.
- Full-time English-speaking Head Nanny required in Doha, Qatar for G2 & G4, salary £1000 – £1400 per week, live in, start ASAP